List of active policies
By enrolling in a course on the ND Educational Hub, you are joining a special community of learners.
The Hub depends upon your motivation to learn the material and to do so with honesty and
in this document and any additional terms specific to a course. Any additional terms will be posted
within each course.
This system is the property of the North Central Education Cooperative in partnership with North Dakota Department of Instruction. By continuing to use this system, you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms and conditions of use. Log off immediately if you do not agree to the conditions stated here.
By creating an account on the ND Educational Hub, you agree that you will:
- Complete all tests and assignments on your own, unless collaboration on an assignment is explicitly permitted.
- Complete all activities to your full ability and following course expectations.
- Complete all activities with honesty and academic integrity.
- Maintain only one user account and not let anyone else use your username and/or password.
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve your results or improve or hurt the results of others.
- Not engage in an activity just to take/steal/copy intellectual property or material from the ND Educational Hub.
Rules for Online Conduct
You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Hub and for your user postings. “User
Postings” include all content submitted, posted, published or distributed on the Hub by you or other
and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations, including
copyright laws, any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of
residence, and all United States export control laws.
The following are strictly prohibited on the Hub:
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others;
- Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Content that infringes another’s intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks;
- Profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent or unlawful content;
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation;
- Content related to partisan political activities;
- Viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files, malware, spyware or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property;
- Content that contains intentionally inaccurate information or that is posted with the intent of misleading others;
- Use of the Hub in any manner intended to damage, disable, overburden or impair any Hub server or the network(s) connected to the Hub or to interfere with any other party’s use of the Hub;
- Attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Hub, other accounts, computer systems or networks through any means;
- Attempts to obtain any materials or information stored on the Hub, its servers or associated computers through any means not intentionally made available through the Hub; and
- Misrepresenting or attempting to misrepresent your identity while using the Hub.
Violations and Termination
- Receiving a zero or no credit for an assignment;
- Having any certificate or renewal units earned in the course withheld;
- Being unenrolled from a course; or
- Termination of your use of the Hub.
- Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of the staff, governing body, instructor, the Hub, and Hub course providers.
If a determination of violation has been made, you may appeal that decision in writing to the staff
within ten work days of notification of the violation.
You may terminate your use of the Services at any time, either by ceasing to access them, or by
deleting your account. The Hub has no obligation to retain any of your account, course data, renewal
credits, or submitted content for any period of time.
This privacy notice relates to user accounts created on this site. The staff takes your privacy very
seriously. In order to provide access to this site, we need to collect and store the personal
information you provide.
We collect the data you provide when creating an account, such as name and email address. We also
collect data about your activity on the site including, but not limited to, course completion records,
evaluation feedback, and any contributions that you make within courses.
Personal information you provide is used only to permit access to the online courses on this site and
to verify course completion upon request of the registered account holder for graduate credits.
Personal information you share with us and course completion records will not be shared with any
third parties, such as your school, administration, or place of employment, without explicit written
notification from you. Information provided by you within course evaluation responses is used only
for performing analysis of the use of our site. General, non-identifiable, non-personal information is
used for reporting and marketing purposes.
For any school, district, principal, or supervisor wishing to monitor, track, or have access to course
completion records for employees, explicit permission must be submitted from the account holder
to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.